February 10, 2011

To Draft, Or Not To Draft, That Is Only Slightly The Question

Acting Journal
2/9/11

I guess today's big lesson was following impulses. It's really obvious to an audience if the actor has a gut reaction to something and suppresses it.

I really don't learn much from exercises that don't directly involve me. That sounds selfish, but I learn more when lessons can be specifically applied to me.

I have a few moments in my scene with Fred that require instinct and gut reaction, it'll be interesting to see how that all goes. I thought I had to be off book today. I didn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Journal
2/10/11

I didn't understand that we even had an assignment until Tuesday. It wasn't until yesterday that I specifically knew what it was, and even then my directions were only on a facebook message. So I got it all done from 3:30 to 5:30, when it was absolutely due. Then I couldn't find a rubber band. I have 10 million at home but not here. Amy and I finished the flat and joined it with Allie and Carl's.

No comments:

Post a Comment