February 7, 2011

Good People

Today was a rollercoaster. Like, literally. A literal rollercoaster.





                                         [My Day]


After the previously mentioned interesting acting class, I learned how to download music illegally, made some returns to Blockbuster, froze my ass all the way home, and ate lunch. It was my prize for such a long walk.

After a few more things were said and done, I proceeded to shave so my face would be ready for makeup class. For some reason, it hurt like all hell. My hair was just tired of being decapitated so it rebelled, I guess.





                                                               [REVOLUTION!]


And I cut myself shaving for the third time, ever. The first two were during my first shave.

I went to Makeup, destroyed my face, apologized with wipes and lotion, and tried asking literally everyone to buy me dinner. I am absolutely and utterly shameless. My rationale is that if one person, for whatever stupid reason agrees to buy me dinner, it's all worth it. Down to every last grovel.

I lost my wallet.








With my N-card and money gone, I had no hope of dinner. It's really no big deal to go without one dinner, but my thoughts of tomorrow's unfulfilled meals had my brow furrowed.

My friend, let's call him "Will..."

(See Kelsey Lee's article in the Feb 1st Daily Nebraskan for the irony.

Link: http://www.dailynebraskan.com/a-e/architecture-students-hook-ups-abound-with-small-building-dark-corners-1.2454822

E-mail:  kelseylee@dailynebraskan.com)

"Will," sensing my disturbance, offered to buy me dinner after refusing about three times prior to lost wallet discovery. Not wanting to be a source of pity,

yeah, right.

Not wanting to be a source of pity, I declined his offer. When I wasn't looking, he put his hand in my jacket pocket and left to go to rehearsal.


I pulled out a $20.



"Will" is officialy one of the kindest and coolest people I've ever met, and is #1 on my hero list right after Gambit and my mentor. His girlfriend, sitting across from me, melted all over the floor at the sight of the selfless and caring gesture.


And then she and I took the $20 and blew it on pizza.






                      [I'm back, bitches!]

1 comment: