January 19, 2011

Double Entendre

As some are aware, I am a student of the Theatre. As such, I am expected to do crazy things like put hard work into what I do. One of these works is to keep journals for both my Acting and Tech classes. I may just go ahead and keep these journals on this here blog.


Actually that's exactly what I'm going to do. I knew that before I even sat down to type this.

Joke's.

On.

You.

It's hard to keep humor out of my day to day things, (I am just so gosh darn funny all the gosh darn time) so you may (?) delight in what I have to say.

But it's probably going to be boring.


SO:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/19/11
Acting Journal Entry

I like the stretches we do to start off class. I really like the one in which I tuck my right foot under my left knee and then twist, and then Tony helps push me over and causes strange things to pop. It was both relaxing and mortifying. When Ian said I looked about another foot taller, I didn't believe him. When I looked in the mirror, I saw my back was straighter and my posture was better. Ususally, I have to try and sort of puff up my chest and force my shoulders back, which does indeed look awkward.

However it wasn't long after we stopped stretching that my body was like,

"Well that was fun. Hrrrnngh!!"

Then it rolled up into a tiny, unrelaxed ball, which was the same way I brought it to class.




                          [my body during workout stretches]




                   [my body before and after workout stretches]



I want to keep doing this. It feels good, and hopefully I can eventually condition the nice, folded laundry body to become natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment