January 26, 2011

Baboon F*ck

Acting Journal
1/26/11

If I asked someone to tell me about a dream they had, most would, and without difficulty. This was our excercize for class today. After we had told our dreams to a small group, Ivan made us share a positive life experience with about half of the class. This time, one person stood on one side of the room and shared the story to the class, who were all sitting on the other side of the room. The goal was to act (not Act) and have it feel as natural as when we shared our dreams. It was hard for me

When we got into the circle and Ivan asked us what we learned ...I don't remember what I said, but he responded with "why was it easier to talk about your dreams?" and I answered with "well we didn't know we were acting"

I felt really stupid. We weren't acting. That was the point. I'm not sure acting is even a real thing. I think it's more of a group insanity that everyone could be a part of or identify.

Also, in the scene I'm doing with Fred, I get really angry and call him a baboon f*ck. Made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment